Dessert and wine pairings are just all-around amazing. Wine AND sweets?! What is better than that?
For this question, we knew which one was going to come out on top. There was no getting around that. But we didn’t know how much people were going to LOVE the #1 dessert + wine pairing.
Here’s the #1 dessert + wine pairing, according to you!
- 71.1% of respondents said their favorite pairing is chocolate + wine.
- 10.9% of respondents said their fav dessert + wine pairing is fruit pie + wine.
- 9.6% of respondents said their go-to pairing is cake + wine.
- 5.3% of respondents said their favorite pairing is ice cream + wine.
- 3.1% of respondents said their fav dessert + vino pairing is fruity candy + wine.
Okay, so we knew chocolate + wine was going to win, but wow. 71.1% of respondents said that chocolate is their favorite dessert + vino pairing. That’s the highest overall percentage we have seen since starting these surveys.
Here are some guides to help you learn how to pair your favorite desserts with vino!
- Chocolate + wine pairing
- Ice cream + wine pairing
- Cake + wine pairing
- Fruity candy + wine pairing
- This one wasn’t on the list but donuts + wine also make a great treat!
We also asked the Bright Cellars’ Instagram followers their option. Here are the results:
- Over half of the responses we got said chocolate + wine
- No one said ice cream + wine
We found this to also not be very surprising that the majority of people on Instagram also voted for chocolate + wine to be their favorite. But no one voted for ice cream + wine? Sad.
In Vino Finito
What’s your favorite dessert + wine pairing? Or maybe we should ask what’s your favorite chocolate + wine pairing?
Missed this survey and want to get in on the next one? Subscribe to our daily newsletter, Glass Half Full.
Already subscribed? Check back every Monday for another wine-inspired question!