Wine and food go together like a jacket potato and sour cream. Okay, maybe not like that, but wine and food have been paired together ever since it’s creation. Although any type of wine can go with any type of food (red wine and pizza is my personal favorite), some wines pair better with certain foods than others. In this post we will give you 10 tips to pairing wine with food.
1. Champagne goes well with salty foods.
2. Sauvignon Blanc goes really well with tart flavors.
3. Old red wines go well with classic Italian dishes.
4. Pinot Grigio tastes really good with light fish recipes.
5. Chardonnay typically goes well with any type of fish.
6. Dry Rieslings taste great with sweet and sour dishes.
7. Moscato d’Asti is wonderful with fruity desserts.
8. Dry Rose is amazing with cheesy dishes.
9. Malbec tastes delicious with barbecue.
10. Any wine goes well with any type of food. Period. End of story.