How Much to Spend On Gifting Wine
It’s the holiday season! Which means you’re probably thinking about what gift you’re going to get your wine-loving friend. But, how much are you spending when gifting wine?
This week we asked Glass Half Full readers how much they’re spending when gifting a bottle of wine. We also also asked the Bright Cellars employees and many of them said they are within the $10-20 or $20-30. It all depends on the person you’re getting it for.
How much is everyone spending when gifting wine? Here are the results:
- 44.6% of respondents said they’re spending between $10-20.
- 42.4% of respondents said they spend between $20-30.
- 8.9% of respondents said they spend $30-50.
- 3.5% of respondents said they’re spending $50-100.
- 0.6% of respondents said they spend $100+.
From these results we can conclude that most Glass Half Full readers are spending between $10-30 on a wine bottle gift. But budget isn’t the only thing you have to consider when properly gifting wine. It may seem simple, but each person’s wine preferences differ. Use this guide to help you find the perfect wine for the wine lover in your life!
We also asked the Bright Cellars Instagram followers this question. Here are the results of Instagram.
- 40.7% of respondents said they spend $20-30.
- 33.8% of the respondents said they’re spending between $10-20.
- 14.8% of respondents said they spend $30-50
- 7.4% of respondents said they spend $100+
- 3.7% of respondents said said they’re spending $50-100.
Results changed slightly with the Instagram poll. But most people fell into similar categories.
In Vino Finito
No matter how much you decide to spend on a wine gift this holiday season remember it is the thought that counts!
Missed this survey and want to get in on the next? Subscribe to our daily newsletter, Glass Half Full.
Already subscribed? Come back every Monday for more wine-inspired survey questions!