Your Go-To Red Wine
This week we asked the Glass Half Full community what their go-to red wine varietal is.
When we asked Bright Cellars’ employees many of them said Cabernet Sauvignon or Pinot Noir. But honestly, we love all wines equally.
We noticed that the Glass Half Full community had similar favorites to us! Here are the results:
- 41.3% of respondents said their go-to red varietal is Cabernet Sauvignon
- 28.6% of respondents said their go-to red wine is Pinot Noir
- 10.2% of respondents said Merlot is their favorite red.
- 8.8% of respondents said their go-to red vino is Syrah.
- 6.5% of respondents said Tempranillo is their go-to red.
- 4.5% of respondents said their go-to red varietal is Grenache.
Cabernet Sauvignon won by a landslide! And a close second is Pinot Noir. This wasn’t too surprising to us since, we also love those wines!
Currently, our favorite Cab is Bright Cellars’ own Jumble Sale from Washington state. This Cabernet Sauvignon is made in the hottest part of WA and is all about remembering the good times with friends and family.
Pinot Noir and Grenache are also great red wines for summer! Since these two wines are not full-bodied they pair nicely with summertime fare.
We also asked Bright Cellars’ Instagram community about their favorite red wine and here are their results:
- Was Merlot, but now Pinot Noir. Maybe both!
- All of the above
Many of the responses were similar to the Glass Half Full Survey. Most individuals leaned towards Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon.
In Vino Finito
Who doesn’t love a glass or two of red wine? No matter what your go-to red varietal is, enjoy it with the perfect food pairing!
Missed out on this survey and want to get in on the next one? Subscribe to our daily newsletter, Glass Half Full.
Already subscribe? Come back every Monday for a new wine related question.