As the last three-day weekend of summer approaches, one question is ringing in our ears: “What will be our day-off drink?” Work weeks without Mondays are hard to come by, so we suggest taking full advantage of it by making yourself something special to sip on. Not only is this cocktail unique, it’s also patriotic. The perfect combination for Americans who are ready to celebrate the laborers who have made our country so great!
The Rosé, Bourbon and Blue:
Makes 8 servings
7 tbs raw sugar
7 tbs hot water
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups brewed black tea (unsweetened)
1 ½ cups rosé (a sweet, fruit-forward rosé will work best!)
1 cup bourbon
¾ cup fresh lemon juice
8 lemon slices
- Stir the 7 tbs of sugar into 7 tbs of hot water until dissolved.
- Pour the sugar and water mixture and 1 ½ cups of blueberries into a food processor; purée.
- Strain contents of the food processor over a large pitcher. Make sure to press the crushed blueberries against the strainer to get as much juice as possible! Throw out the leftover blueberry remnants.
- Add black tea, rosé, bourbon, and lemon juice to the pitcher.
- Stir the contents a bit and think about how great it is to live in a country as diverse and colorful as the cocktail you’re making.
- Refrigerate the pitcher until chilled (1.5-2 hours)
- Slice the last ½ cup of blueberries in half and add to the chilled mixture.
- Fill your serving glass with ice, pour the desired amount of your cocktail into the glass and garnish with a lemon slice.
There you have it, another fabulous reason to be patriotic this Monday! We recommend going outside to enjoy the summer weather while wearing a pair of crispy white jeans, since it may be the last weekend this year that you’ll be able to take advantage of both. Have a memorable and safe weekend- Happy Labor Day!